It’s rumour week in Hollywood
So now Comic-con is over, rumours are now flying around Hollywood. It seems that everyone has given up on news and decided instead to go with conjecture. I thought I'd share some of the very pointless rumours with you all. No doubt some over-keen reporter will decide to change these rumours to fact sometime soon and inevitably have to hide away from the masses for getting it wrong. Nevertheless, July's top five rumours of the week are (in no particular order):
- Angelina Jolie being sought to play Catwoman in the next installment of The Dark Knight. Who thought this one up? Is it just an attempt by a blogger to see Jolie dressed up in tight PVC? Christopher Nolan is known for making some unusual (but quite excellent) casting choices. I imagine if this is indeed true, than it is likely to be Warner Bros and not Nolan seeking the charming Mrs Pitt.
- Sony still reportedly interested in making a Venom (from Spider-man) movie. Now after the shocking revelation that Eddie Brock would continue to peel back his new Venom features so that he could be paid for a bit of dialogue. Sorry Sony; but no! I imagine Marvel Studios (if they were interested in a Venom movie) would do it themselves after the shameless embarassment that was Spider-Man 3
- Mike Myers (God help us) is writing a new Austin Powers movie. Stop it Mr Myers. Take a break and think about where your comedy should go from here on. Perhaps your time is best spent behind the camera instead of in front of it.
- Johnny Depp to play the Riddler in the next Batman. Hold on! Are expected to believe that both Johnny and Angelina are to be playing the Riddler and Catwoman respectively? In fact, perhaps it would be more interesting if it was the other way round.
- Tyrese Gibson to play a Thundercat in an upcoming film. Yes. I believe this particular rumour.
How I would love if most of these rumours all came true (with a bit of a twist). No really! Depp as Catwoman, Jolie as the Riddler, Gibson as Pantera, Mike Myers out of the limelight for 12 months whilst he writes another awful movie. I'd still be annoyed with the Venom news though! What do you think?